Ways to donate to TCSC
1. M-pesa for Kenyans
2. Wire Transfers
3. World Remit
4. PayPal, debit, credit cards
6. Tax deductible donations through Friends United Meeting
Note: United for Peace and Community Development has changed its name to “Transforming Community for Social Change” (TCSC), but the Kenyan Government has not yet issued the certificate for the name change. When TCSC receives it, they will change the bank account name to Transforming Communities for Social Change.
1. M-pesa for Kenyans
If you are a Kenyan or have access to M-pesa, you may donate by sending funds through M-pesa. Phone number is 0726 590 783 (or 254 726 590 783), name is “David Zarembka” and payment description is “TCSC.”
2. Wire transfer
Name: United for Peace and Community Development
Address: P. O. Box 2804-50100, Kakamega, 50100, Kenya
Shilling Account number: 1134165266600
US Dollar Account number: 02100632481900
Bank: Cooperative Bank of Kenya Limited
Swift code: CKOOKENA
Branch code: 11052
Address: Cannon Awori Street, Kakamega, 50100, Kenya
3. International transfers via WorldRemit
World Remit is an international internet wire transfer service that can be found at www.worldremit.com.
The charge to send funds to a bank account in Kenya is $.99 to $4.99 depending upon the amount.
- WorldRemit can be used from almost any country in the world including England and Canada
- Rate is very low.
- Funds arrive in the Kenyan bank account the next day.
- After the first transaction, a subsequent transaction takes only about a minute.
- If you enter the referral code of “DAVIDZ41” in the referral code box, after you have sent $100 through WorldRemit, both TCSC and you will receive a WorldRemit voucher for $20.
- The limit per day is $2,000, but one can always send more the following day.
- For money laundering security, on the first transaction you may be asked to submit a copy of your driver’s license or passport picture page.
- You must use a debit or credit card.
- Donations through WorldRemit are not US tax deductible.
- WorldRemit only includes the first name of the sender so please email firstname.lastname@example.org to indicate you have made a donation so that TCSC can thank you.
How to fill out transaction:
- Log on to worldremit.com and register with driver’s license or passport. Enter referral code of “DAVIDZ41” in the referral code box.
- Send to Kenya.
- Select service: Bank Deposit
- Change blank to “Send” and put in amount in dollars.
- Fill out form as follows:
Bank name: Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited
Branch name: Kakamega
Account number: 1134165266600
First Name: United for Peace
Middle Name: and Community
Last Name: Development
Mobile Phone: 254 726590783
Your own Reference: “Donation” or specify project to be supported
Sending reason: Family and Friend Support
4. PayPal, debit/credit card:
You may now donate to TCSC through PayPal by clicking this link:
Checks may be made out to “David Zarembka/TCSC” with memo of account number 02103394570 and mailed to CapitalOne Ban, 812 Muddy Branch Road, Gaithersburg, MD 20878. He will forward the funds to TCSC through WorldRemit.
6. Tax deductible donations from United States to Friends United Meeting for Friends Church Peace Teams.
If you need to make a tax-deductible donation, send a check to “Friends United Meeting” with memo notation of “FCPT.” Mail this to Friends United Meeting, 101 Quaker Hill Drive, Richmond, IN 47374. Donations can also be made online at fum.org. Click on the donate button and, in the drop down menu, click on Friends Church Peace Teams. This donation will pay for the salaries of the staff of Friends Church Peace Team and Transforming Community for Social Change. Note that 10% of donations under $2500 are deducted to help cover FUM’s administrative costs in handling these funds.